Saturday, February 6, 2010

TheFIveRIngs

Passion is the main ingredient of a restaurant, Mix in a little crazy, & add a dash of ‘likes to work long hours and never see family & friends’ and then you have the perfect restaurant owner"

Hospitality is my passion, I'm that quarky obsessed over-achieving and dedicated worker, prepared to devote my lifestyle to making my passion a career. Perhaps that is why I am allowing this concept trickle down into all of my other mandatory courses offered at SU. My ultimate goal is to find a way to connect all my electives and mandatory courses back to my major; that way it will be clearly evident to myself as to why the college finds them pertinent to my education, while I find them detrimental to my wallet. The text book answer is so that you are a well rounded versatile student, but I enjoy finding other reasons as to why I must train myself in the elements of matter and trigonometry. Nevertheless, Information and Technology studies isn't a stretch for me at all. Modern technology is taking over the world, and our industry, and in order to stay afloat, we must use our resources to our advantage. A successful restaurant thrives on trends, and technology is one that won't be going away.

For convenience matters, this blog will be centralized primarily around an imaginary restaurant concept that I developed entitled, The Five Rings (title courtesy of Christopher H). In honor of the 2010 Vancouver Olympics
, with all ethnic cuisines to the Vancouver area, this restaurant will celebrate the historic event and keep the tradition alive year round. The tread runs throughout the restaurant from clever names to dishes such as the triathlon duck, to the paralympic pan-fried gyozas. Forget being a five star restaurant, we've got rings!
Hopefully, this mock restaurant will show readers how easily technology can be used to advertise for an up-incoming restaurant, be utilized as a resource to ease work loads and mechanisms in the kitchens, and teach owners how to minimize labor costs by using technology to speed up processes behind the scenes.

Wish us luck as we venture down the road of modern technology
& I hope you find something to tantalize your tastebuds outside of the cuisine!

Enjoy!

1 comment: